Visual Art studios
- Expansive open plan studios able to accommodate a range of practices
- Free standing easels and table workstations
- Professional printing press and associated materials
- Wash up sinks with in-built waste traps
- Large storage bays
- Moveable directional lighting for still-life set up and presentation of work
- Multiple HD projectors and AV workstation/s for lecture and/or student presentation
Gallery and presentation spaces
- Multiple presentation spaces available, varying in scale from intimate short term presentation spaces to large scale publicly accessible professional galleries
- Professional directional lighting
- Moveable walls to allow for space reconfiguration
- Professional hanging system
- Plinths, tools and AV equipment available
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Series of iMac computer labs with full suite of Adobe software tools available, as well as modelling, animation and video editing software
- Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) hardware
- Extra-large flatbed scanning facilities
- Print trimming and finishing facilities
- Large collaborative and flexible work spaces
- Display boards and cabinets
- Access to Media Resource Centre and Printing facilities
For more information, contact email@example.com
Film, television and animation
Professional television studio
- Sony HD cameras
- Yamaha 64 channel digital audio desk
- Element controlled lighting rig
- EVS recording with multi file format USB 3.0 transfer
- Vision Switcher, Chyron graphics, Autoscript
- Green screen
- Sets and furniture
- Access to make up room
- Live streaming capability
- Stop motion workstations
- Light boxes for hand drawn animation
- LED lighting kit for puppet animation
- Camera motion-control workstation
- DragonFrame stop motion software
- Adobe Creative Suite
- TV Paint 2D animation software
- Wacom drawing tablets
- Control room, featuring AVID Protools HD System (Apple Mac) and AVID control surface hardware
- Studio features Grace and Audient mic preamps
- Microphone options include a range of Neumann, Rode and Sennheiser microphones
- Monitoring via Genelec and Avantone speaker systems
- Studio carries tie‐lines to both television and film studios for satellite tracking
- Caters to small class groups and individual project bookings
Editing and grading suites
- 2 iMac Pro powered suites with SDI Hardware scopes with Tangent wave panels for grading in DaVinci Resolve or VFX and compositing in Fusion, Flame or After Effects
- DCI P3 colour workflow for Red and Ursa Cameras
- EditShare EFS300 online storage, with over 300 TB available workspace for HD television and 2K or 4K film post production
- 18 Dual-monitor iMac workstations with a full complement of Media creation and Post Production software including Avid and ProTools, Adobe Creative Cloud and Streaming and DCP Mastering
- Media teaching corrals furnished with video data projectors, smart boards, and iMac workstations
- Full complement of Media creation and Post Production software including Avid and ProTools, Adobe Creative Cloud, and specialist animation toolsets
Media Resource Centre
- Extensive range of equipment available for student borrowing, as well as high level technical advice.
- Various camera systems available, including Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K, Blackmagic URSA Mini, RED Epic-W Helium 8K, ARRI Alexa Mini.
- Miller Tripod Systems.
- ARRI, Kino Flo and Dedolight lighting.
- Sound Devices & Zoom portable field recording equipment.
- Various Dolly / Grip equipment.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Drama and Dance
Black Box Theatre
- Black Box style theatre capable of seating 100.
- State of the art led lighting rig.
- Full production sound capabilities.
- Green room and Box office facilities attached to theatre.
- Large loading dock, scenic bay and production workshop.
- Fully sprung polished timber dance floor
- Full length mirrors
- Remote controlled blackout blinds
- Comprehensive production lighting and sound infrastructure
- Portable seating block (seats 120)
For more information, contact email@example.com
- Seven large screens, streaming live news from around the world
- Three individual editing/VOX recording suites
- Editorial hub for developing and publishing stories
- Integrated infrastructure to Greenscreen and Television Studios
- Global video-conference facilities
- Online web-publication
- 24 workstations for individual publications
- Access to on site production equipment
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore our creative arts facilities
Let our art and performance teachers introduce you to the facilities that drama, dance, photography and visual arts students access during their studies at Deakin.
Explore our film, television and animation facilities
Course director, Dr Vikrant Kishore, takes you on a short virtual tour of the facilities used by Bachelor of Film, Television and Animation students.
Note that the use of school equipment will be prioritised to School of Communication and Creative Arts students.