Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 10 October 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 22 January 2020 5pm.
The scholarship pays 100% tuition fees for up to a maximum of four credit points of study.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an International citizen, International citizen seeking asylum in Australia or a Permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be a female student enrolled in the A767 or A757 Master of Humanitarian Assistance in Trimester 1 2020
- have completed two credit points in the Master of Humanitarian Assistance.
Preference will be given to citizens from a country below 0.85 on the Human Development Index of the United Nations Development Program.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- must successfully complete each enrolled credit point to remain eligible for the scholarship
- cannot defer the scholarship offer, the scholarship must commence in Trimester 1 2020
- cannot intermit the scholarship
- must provide an introductory statement about tyour goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- must complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- must utilise all scholarship funds by the completion of Trimester 1 2021 (no payments will be made after Trimester 1 2021).
As part of the application process, you may also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.