Applications for Trimester 2 2019 open Wednesday 5 June 2019.
Applications for Trimester 2 2019 close Wednesday 10 July 2019 5pm.
Cash payment up to $7500 per year for three or four years depending on the length of the course.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student enrolled full time in Trimester 2 2019 in an undergraduate bachelor’s degree at Deakin University
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship (either that you receive a means tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56 000, depending on independence status).
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a yearly report detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies
- you must maintain a pass grade on all enrolled subjects for the duration of your scholarship..
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the final application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.