Applications for Trimester 1 2019 open Thursday 22 November 2018.
Applications for Trimester 1 2019 close Thursday 7 February 2019 5pm.
Cash payment up to $10,000 per year (paid in 2 instalments per year).
Three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student in Trimester 1 2019 enrolled full-time at either the Geelong Waurn Ponds or Waterfront Campus
- enrolled in an undergraduate bachelor degree and majoring in one of the following:
- Politics and policy studies
- Media Studies
- a resident of the G21 region (Colac Otway Shire Council, Golden Plains Shire Council, Greater Geelong City Council, Queenscliffe Borough Council, Surf Coast Shire Council)
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- maintain a satisfactory academic record for the duration of their scholarship, with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60
- provide a yearly statement highlighting the impact receiving this support has had on them personally and on their studies during the year
- agree to meet the Allison Murphy Scholarship Committee in person.
How to write a successful application
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You’ll find out if you were successful within six weeks of the applications closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.