Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 22 January 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 12 February 2020 5pm.
Cash payment up to $3000.
This scholarship is a one-off payment.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic student
- be female
- be enrolled full-time in Trimester 1 2020 in the School of Communication and Creative Arts in one of the following courses:
- A352 Bachelor of Creative Arts (Photography)
- A357 Bachelor of Creative Arts (Drama)
- A356 Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance)
- A359 Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Arts)
- A343 Bachelor of Design (3d Animation)
- A345 Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication)
- A351 Bachelor of Film, Television and Animation
- have completed at least 4 credit points of study in your degree so far*
- be able to show you have a means-tested Centrelink benefit, or a personal or family taxable income below $56 000, depending on independence status
- be able to demonstrate in a written statement, the positive benefit this scholarship will have on achieving your creative ambitions.
Preference will be given to a student who was not born in Australia.
*Eligibility does not include recognition of prior learning except where the units concerned have been completed at Deakin in another course of study: you must have completed 4 credit points at Deakin either in your current course or in previous courses having transferred into your current course.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- complete an impact statement at the end of the scholarship year
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the donor
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive this scholarship.
To apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
How to write a successful application
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
If you feel you meet the eligibility criteria of this scholarship and would like to apply then please email through an expression of interest to the Scholarships office.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.