Applications open Friday 14 September 2018.
Applications close Tuesday 22 January 2019 at 5pm.
Cash payment up to $3000.
This scholarship is a once-off payment.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or hold an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be female
- be enrolled full-time in Trimester 1 2019 in the School of Communication and Creative Arts in one of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Film, Television and Animation
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Photography)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Animation and Motion Capture)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Arts)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Communication Design)
- have completed at least 4 credit points of study in your degree so far
- be able to show you have a means-tested Centrelink benefit, or a personal or family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status
- be able to demonstrate via written statement the positive benefit the scholarship will have on achieving your creative ambitions.
Eligibility does not include recognition of prior learning except where the units concerned have been completed at Deakin in another course of study: you must have completed 4 credit points at Deakin either in your current course or in previous courses having transferred into your current course.
To apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
How to write a successful application
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.