Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 at 5pm.
Cash payment up to $3000.
This scholarship is a one-off payment.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a female domestic student
- be enrolled full-time in Trimester 1 2021 at Deakin University, in the School of Communication and Creative Arts and have completed at least 4 credit points* of study in:
- A352 Bachelor of Creative Arts (Photography)
- A357 Bachelor of Creative Arts (Drama)
- A356 Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance)
- A359 Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Arts)
- A343 Bachelor of Design (3D Animation)
- A345 Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication)
- A351 Bachelor of Film, Television and Animation
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Preference will be given to a student who was not born in Australia.
*Eligibility does not include recognition of prior learning except where the units concerned have been completed at Deakin in another course of study: you must have completed 4 credit points at Deakin either in your current course or in previous courses having transferred into your current course.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive this scholarship.
- complete an impact statement at the end of the scholarship year
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the donor
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
When applying for this scholarship, you'll need to provode evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.