Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 19 February 2020 5pm.
Cash payment up to $2000 per year.
Three years (dependent on satisfactory academic performance).
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- commencing at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2020, enrolled full time in your first undergraduate bachelor degree.
- enrolled in one of the following disciplines/majors: engineering, environmental sciences, commerce, finance, information technology, public relations, journalism or human resource management
- enrolled at either the Geelong Waurn Ponds or Waterfront Campus in a Commonwealth supported place.
Preference will be given to a student interested in exploring a career in the water industry.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview at Barwon Water in 2020.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you may like to supply evidence of your community service.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
Apply online through the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Shortlisted students will be required to attend an interview in 2020.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
You'll find out if you were successful within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for you to undertake a paid work placement with Barwon Water over the summer break. This opportunity will be discussed with you at a later stage and is separate to this scholarship opportunity.