Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 19 February 2020 5pm.
Cash payment up to $2000 per year.
Total scholarship value $6000.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a female domestic student
- be a current Deakin student enrolled in Trimester 1 2020 in the first year of an undergraduate bachelor degree offered by the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place at either the Geelong Waurn Ponds or Waterfront campus.
Preference will be given to a student interested in exploring a career in the water industry and those who are able to show outstanding commitment to supporting our communities.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview at Barwon Water in 2020. At this interview you will need to demonstrate the following abilities:
- analyse problems, ability to think broadly, make decision based on facts
- organisational skills, achievements, motivation, resilience
- leading others, influencing skills, how you work in teams, respecting others, communication.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about your study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a report at the end of each year detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your volunteering and/or community service.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
Apply online through the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal. Shortlisted students will be required to attend an interview in 2020.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
You'll find out if you were successful within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for you to undertake a paid work placement with Barwon Water over the summer break. This opportunity will be discussed with you at a later stage and is separate to this scholarship opportunity.