Applications for Trimester 2 2019 open Wednesday 5 June 2019.
Applications for Trimester 2 2019 close Wednesday 10 July 2019 5pm.
Cash payment of up to $4000 a year for three years.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in an undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 2 2019
- be enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- be located in one of the following Victorian or southern NSW regional community postcodes (serviced by Bendigo Community Banks);
- 2587 - 2590
- 2641 - 2648
- 2650 - 2653
- 2655 - 2656
- 2658 - 2661
- 2665 - 2666
- 2668 - 2669
- 2671 - 2672
- 2680 - 2681
- 2700 - 2703
- 2705 - 2708
- 2710 - 2717
- 2721 - 2722
- 2725 - 2727
- 2731 - 2739
- 2878 - 2879
- 3208 - 3999.
- cloud-based students
- students who are able to demonstrate financial, geographic or other disadvantage.
Preference will be given to:
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- meet with the donor to share stories of their learning journey
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete an annual statement detailing how the scholarship has impacted your studies.
- maintain a pass grade on all enrolled subjects
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your geographical and financial or personal hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.