Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 22 January 2020 5pm.
Cash payment up to $5000 per year for two years.
The total value of this scholarship is $10 000 over two years.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2020 in the first year of your degree
- be enrolled full-time or part-time in an undergraduate bachelor degree in one of the following areas:
- early childhood development
- be able to demonstrate that you have previously or currently reside in one of the following Western Riverina NSW regional communities:
- Griffith City Council
- Leeton Shire Council
- Carrathool Shire Council
- Murrumbidgee Council
- Narrandera Shire Council
- Hay Shire Council.
Preference will be given to students that have completed studies at TAFE NSW, or who are experiencing financial or personal hardship.
As a scholarship recipient:
- you are required to complete a yearly report detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies
- you must maintain a satisfactory academic record for the duration of your scholarship, with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you may like to supply evidence of your financial hardship (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the final application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.