Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 at 5pm.
This scholarship offers cash payments up to $6500 per year.
This scholarship is available for four years.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student enrolled full-time in one of the following degrees at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2021:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
- be a resident of the City of Greater Geelong
- have successfully completed your VCE in the City of Greater Geelong
- be experiencing able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Preference will be given to a female student.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about your study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you may also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for the scholarship holder to be invited to undertake paid vacation employment with the scholarship provider. The decision to accept any potential offer is the student’s and will not impact the their eligibility to receive the scholarship.