Trimester 1 2019
Applications open Wednesday 10 October 2018.
Applications close Thursday 14 February 2019 5pm.
Cash payment up to $2500 per year for two years.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa or an International student
- be a commencing student enrolled in the Master of Architecture or Master of Architecture (Design Management) in Trimester 1 2019
- have completed a Bachelor of Design (Architecture) or Bachelor of Design (Architecture)/Bachelor of Construction Management at Deakin University in 2018 and achieved a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 60
- be experiencing an area of hardship that has adversely affected your studies.
- ability to demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities relating to your development as a future professional architect.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview as part of the selection process.
Areas of hardship
Areas of hardship can include:
- financial hardship – be receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate personal or family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status
- regional or remote home location
- disability/long term medical condition
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background
- recent refugee
- first in your family to attend university
- other demonstrable hardship.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- are required to complete a statement at the end of each year detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies
- must maintain a satisfactory academic record for the duration of your scholarship, with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60
- cannot be anonymous or defer the scholarship
- must agree to meet in person with the donor at least once during the scholarship tenure
- will also need to provide a report that includes photos detailing your experience as a scholarship recipient at the end of the scholarship . The report may be used to promote the scholarship to stakeholders.
Failure to meet the agreed WAM average may result in the scholarship being revoked.
- your financial hardship (if applicable)
- your disability or long term medical condition (if applicable)
- your involvement in extracurricular activities relating to your development as a future professional architect (if applicable).
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of:
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
Apply online through the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal. Shortlisted students will be required to attend an interview in 2019.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation. Shortlisted students will be invited to attend an interview.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for you to undertake a work placement with ClarkeHopkinsClarke (CHC) Architects. This opportunity will be discussed with you at a later stage and is separate to this scholarship opportunity.