Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 at 5pm.
Cash payment up to $5000 per year.
The maximum value of this scholarship is $15,000 to $20,000 paid for over 3-4 years (dependent on course duration).
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a female domestic student
- be commencing and enrolled full time in an undergraduate bachelor's degree at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2021
- be experiencing an area of hardship
- be able to demonstrate that you were educated at a public high school in Australia.
Preference will be given to an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about your study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you may also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial or medical hardship (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide in your application.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.