Applications for Trimester 3 2020 open 21 October 2020.
Applications for Trimester 3 2020 close 11 November 2020 at 5pm.
The scholarship is awarded for the normal full-time duration of the course.
$10 000 per year ($1250 per credit point) paid towards your tuition fees.*
*If you are enrolled in a part time course load the payment amount will be prorated based on the number of credit points you study in each trimester.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student at Deakin University in M729 Juris Doctor in Trimester 3 2020
- enrolled in a minimum of 2 credit points per trimester
- able to demonstrate achievement in one of the following:
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM)/Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 75 in previous undergraduate study
- leadership experience
- elite sports performance
- community service
- volunteer activities
- the arts
- any other achievement.
Consideration will be given to students experiencing financial or personal hardship.
Continued eligibility is subject to maintaining a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 65.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of your leadership activities or community service achievement
- evidence of your sporting or other achievements
- evidence of your area of hardship (if applicable)
Late or incomplete documentation will not be accepted.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful within four weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.