Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 12 February 2020 5pm.
Cash payment up to $5000 per year for three years.
The total value of this scholarship is up to $15 000 over three years.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be commencing or currently enrolled in an undergraduate bachelor or honours degree in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) or postgraduate by coursework degree (CSP or full fee) in at least two credit points
- be enrolled at Deakin University in any study period in the 2020 academic year
- be a registered member of the Deakin University Elite Athlete Program
- receive less than $25 000 (total) in 2019 from your sport in the form of salary and/or funding support or from monetary sponsorship.
Consideration will be given to:
- students achievement in their respective sport at state, national and international level
- students experiencing financial or personal hardship.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- be enrolled in a minimum of two credit points over the academic year
- remain a registered member of the Deakin University Elite Athlete Program.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.