Applications for Trimester 3 2019 open Wednesday 23 October 2019.
Applications for Trimester 3 2019 close Wednesday 13 November 2019 5pm.
Various options for support are available:
- $10 000 per year for the normal duration of your course or
- $7500 per year for the normal duration of your course or
- $5000 per year for the normal duration of your course or
- $2500 per year for the normal duration of your course or
- $1000 one off payment.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- enrolled in an associate, bachelor or honours degree in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) or postgraduate by coursework degree (CSP or full fee)
- enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 3 2019
- enrolled full time unless there are circumstances preventing full-time study
- experiencing financial hardship, personal hardship or a long term medical condition.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of your financial hardship
- evidence of your medical condition
- evidence of your other hardship.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
Areas of hardship
Areas of hardship can include:
- financial hardship – be receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or be able to demonstrate personal or family taxable income below $56 000, depending on independence status
- regional or remote home location
- disability/long term medical condition
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background
- recent refugee
- other demonstrable hardship.
Payment amounts for this scholarship are based on the number of credit points you study in each trimester.
How to apply
Submit one application for two scholarships directly via our Course and Scholarship Applicant portal
Select the 'Deakin Funded Scholarships Program 2019' option and your application will automatically be considered for the Deakin Scholarship for Excellence and the Deakin Student Support Scholarship in the selection process.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chance of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the final application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.