Applications for Trimester 2 2019 open Wednesday 5 June 2019.
Applications for Trimester 2 2019 close Wednesday 10 July 2019 5pm.
$5000 cash payment per year, paid in two instalments after census dates in March and August each year, for the normal duration of your course (up to a maximum of four years).
*The maximum value of the scholarship for students studying a three year degree is $15 000 and the maximum value for students studying a four year degree is $20 000.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 2 2019 in an undergraduate bachelor’s degree
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- relocating from a rural or regional home location
Preference will be given to students who can demonstrate active commitment to supporting their communities.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- maintain a pass grade for all enrolled units
- connect with the donor to share stories of your learning journey
- provide a written report to the donor at the end of each year.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of any involvement in the community discussed in your application.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You’ll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account..