Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 15 February 2021 at 5pm.
50% of your accommodation costs with Deakin Residences Warrnambool (approximately $4000 per year).
This scholarship is for the normal duration of your course.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- a commencing student enrolled at the Deakin Warrnambool Campus (on campus study) in Trimester 1 2021.
Preference will be given to students who:
- are able to demonstrate financial hardship by receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or having a personal or family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
- need to relocate to study.
The following conditions apply:
- this scholarship is not transferrable to other campuses
- you must remain enrolled in located (on campus) studies at the Warrnambool campus
- this scholarship only applies to accommodation costs with Deakin Residences Warrnambool.
No further residential cost discounts will apply.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
Select the 'Warrnambool Campus Scholarships' option and your application will automatically be considered for all Warrnambool Campus Donor Scholarships and the Deakin Warrnambool Residential Scholarship in the selection process.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chance of receiving a scholarship.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
The scholarship will close once all offers are made. Submit your application early to make sure you are considered. You can view the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.