Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open Tuesday 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close Wednesday 22 January 2020 at 5pm.
This scholarship is available for one year.
- Cash payment up to $8000
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2020
- enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full time study
- a current player/recruit at the Geelong Cats Australian Football League Women's (AFLW) club
- able to show an outstanding commitment to supporting our communities.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- agree to personally meet the donor once over the duration of the scholarship year and discuss your university experience and educational learning
- complete a report at the end of each year detailing how the scholarship has helped you with your studies
- maintain a pass grade on all enrolled subjects.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your community involvement.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.