Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 at 5pm.
Cash payment up to $15,000 per year
This scholarship is for the normal duration of your course.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic student
- be a commencing student enrolled full time at the Deakin Warrnambool Campus (on campus study) in Trimester 1 2021
Preference will be given to students who:
- are able to demonstrate financial hardship by receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or having a personal or family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status
- can show academic achievement
- students enrolling in Bachelor of Environmental Science (Marine Biology), Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Psychological Science, Bachelor of Health Sciences.
- relocate to the Warrnambool region for the duration of their study.
The following conditions apply:
- this scholarship is not transferrable to other campuses.
- you must remain enrolled at the Warrnambool campus. At least 75% of all studies must be undertaken in located mode at the Warrnambool campus.
- you must maintain ongoing residency in a regional area for the duration of the scholarship. If you are successful you will be asked to provide evidence of your home location eg. utilities' bills, rates, rental notice etc.
- this scholarship cannot be held concurrently with another scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
The scholarship will close once all offers are made. Submit your application early to make sure you are considered. You can view the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.