Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 19 December 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 5pm.
Cash payment up to $5000 per year.
The maximum value of this scholarship is $15,000 paid over 3 years.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- commencing and enrolled full time in Trimester 1 2021 at Deakin University in one of the following courses within the School of Nursing and Midwifery:
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing (Clinical Leadership)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours)
- Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Public Health and Health Promotion
Preference will be given to a student studying at the Geelong Waterfront or Burwood campus who is able to demonstrate participation in and commitment to supporting the community and volunteer activities.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete an impact statement each year for the duration of the scholarship
- be open to meeting with the donor
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 50 for the duration of the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your participation in community and volunteer activities (if relevant).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Deakin Scholarship Application Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for the successful applicant to be invited to undertake engagement activities, work placement and a mentorship with Epworth HealthCare. The decision to accept any potential offer is the student's and will not impact your eligibility to receive the scholarship.