Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 22 January 2020 5pm.
This scholarship is available for two years.
- Cash payment up to $7000 over two years (total value of scholarship is $7000)
- Accommodation discount of 10% available to successful applicants for the two year duration of the scholarship.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a student commencing in Trimester 1 2020 and enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce at the Deakin Warrnambool Campus (on-campus study)
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- a resident of south-west Victoria or south-east South Australia (postcodes 5263-5291)
- able to demonstrate financial hardship, either that you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or family taxable income below $56 000, depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- maintain a pass grade for all enrolled units
- remain at the Warrnambool campus for each year of your degree
- attend a thank-you event with the donor
- provide a written report to the donor at the end of each year.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are a commencing student who has deferred a previous year's course offer you can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the final application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.