Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 22 January 2020 5pm.
This scholarship is available for one year.
- Cash payment up to $5000
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled full time or part time in your first year of an undergraduate bachelors degree in Trimester 1 2020
- able to demonstrate you have previously or currently reside in one of the following Western Riverina NSW regional communities:
- Griffith City Council
- Leeton Shire Council
- Carrathool Shire Council
- Murrumbidgee Council
- Narrandera Shire Council
- Hay Shire Council
Preference will be given to a student who is experiencing financial or personal hardship, or who is studying mechanical or mechatronics engineering.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a report at the end of the year detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are a commencing student who has deferred a previous year's course offer you can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the final application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for you to undertake an internship in Griffith during the months of January and February. This opportunity will be discussed with you at a later stage and is separate to this scholarship opportunity.