Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 at 5pm.
This scholarship is available for one year.
- Cash payment up to $12,500
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be female
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be enrolled full-time in the second year of one of the following bachelor degrees:
- S460 Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)
- S461 Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Honours)
- S465 Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours)
- S462 Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- S463 Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Honours)
- S464 Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)
- S306 Bachelor of Computer Science
- D380 Bachelor of Criminology/Bachelor of Cyber Security
- S334 Bachelor of Cyber Security
- A344 Bachelor of Design (Digital Technologies)
- M340 Bachelor of Business Analytics
- D371 Bachelor of Information Systems/Bachelor of Information Technology
- S326 Bachelor of Information Technology
- S320 Bachelor of Science (with Mathematical modelling (MJ-S000007) major - completed or enrolled)
- be undertaking majority of units at the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus (located studies)
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60.
Preference will be given to students experiencing financial disadvantage (in receipt of a Centrelink means-tested benefit or have a personal or family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status).
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- provide a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- be willing to provide quotes or commentary for media materials or other promotional materials for the Donor
- stay enrolled in the discipline you were enrolled in at the time of the scholarship offer
- maintain a pass grade in all enrolled units
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60
- attend a meet and greet with the donor
- attend the Faculty Awards Ceremony at Deakin University.
Recipients can concurrently hold a Deakin funded scholarship, but cannot be in receipt of another donor funded scholarship administered by Deakin University.
If relevant, when you apply for this scholarship you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply for this scholarship through our Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out of you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.