Applications for Trimester 1 2019 open Thursday 22 November 2018.
Applications for Trimester 1 2019 close Tuesday 22 January 2019 5pm.
Cash payment of up to $4000.
This scholarship is available for one year.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a student enrolled at Deakin University in an undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2019
- be enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- be experiencing financial* or personal hardship.
* in receipt of a Centrelink (means-tested) benefit, or you can show you have a personal or family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- agree to the donor sharing your photo and story regarding your experience as a scholarship recipient
- write a statement about the impact of the scholarship.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your personal disadvantage or financial hardship.
How to write a successful application
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply direct to Deakin
If you have not already completed a VTAC scholarship application or you are a current student you can apply using the Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you completed a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful up to six weeks after applications close. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.