Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 5pm.
Cash payment up to $5000 for one year.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a female domestic student
- enrolled full time in your first year of one of the following degrees in Trimester 1 2021:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mechatronic Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Honours)
- experiencing an area of hardship.
- from a rural or regional area
- studying in Geelong
- committed to a career in advanced manufacturing.
Preference will be given to students who are:
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about their study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you may also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
For this scholarship, you'll need to upload evidence of your financial and/or medical hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for the scholarship holder to be invited to take advantage of mentorship and a paid work placement with the Geelong Manufacturing Council. The decision to accept any potential offer is the student’s and will not impact the student’s eligibility to receive the scholarship