The Glendon A. Lean Memorial Award and The Supplementary Glendon A. Lean Memorial Award have been established through a bequest by Joseph A. Lean. The awards are offered to doctoral candidates who wish to pursue research in mathematics education.
Applications close 5pm, Thursday 25 February 2021
This scholarship is available over 3 years.
- Stipend of $27,596 per annum tax exempt (2019 rate)
- Relocation allowance of $500-1500 (for single to family) for students moving from interstate or overseas
- International students only: Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for the duration of 4 years
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic or international candidate currently residing in Australia (domestic includes candidates with Australian Citizenship, Australian Permanent Residency or New Zealand Citizenship).
- meet Deakin's PhD entry requirements
- be enrolling full time and hold an honours degree (first class) or an equivalent standard master's degree with a substantial research component
- are not receiving another equivalent award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed program (generally less than 75 per cent of the base RTP stipend rate)
- have not completed a degree at the same level as the proposed candidature, or at a higher level.
Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for further information.
How to apply
Please apply using the expression of interest form
For more information about this scholarship, please contact Dr Jill Brown
Dr Jill Brown
Mathematics Education Teaching and Research Coordinator
Email Jill Brown
+61 3 924 46318