The Dementia Australia Research Foundation PhD Scholarships are for projects across all forms of dementia and in any topic area; biomedical (lab-based), clinical, psychosocial, or knowledge translation research projects will be considered. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Gaining a better understanding of the causes of dementia.
- Developing strategies to reduce dementia risk and slow the progression of the
- Providing accurate and timely diagnoses.
- Improving treatment and care options for people living with dementia.
- Increasing the awareness and understanding of rights, needs and experiences of
people with dementia, their carers and families.
- Finding a cure for dementia.
Applications close 5pm AEDT, Friday 18 October 2019
This scholarship is available over 3 years.
- Stipend of $30,000 per annum tax exempt
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic candidate (domestic includes candidates with Australian Citizenship, Australian Permanent Residency or New Zealand Citizenship).
- meet Deakin's PhD entry requirements
- meet all eligibility criteria outlined by Dementia Australia
- be enrolling full time and hold an honours degree (first class) or an equivalent standard master's degree with a substantial research component.
Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for further information.
How to apply
You will need to apply directly to Dementia Australia and for information about submitting successful application to Deakin University please see below:
For more information about this scholarship, please email Dementia Australia