Applications for Trimester 2 2019 open Wednesday 5 June 2019.
Applications for Trimester 2 2019 close Wednesday 10 July 2019 5pm.
A one-off cash payment up to $2500.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be commencing or currently enrolled full time in an undergraduate degree at Deakin in Trimester/Semester 2 2019
- be enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship, either that you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status
- not already hold a bachelor degree
- in 2019 not have already received a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Study Support Scheme payment (any amount), HEPPP-funded scholarship, or any other scholarship equal to or greater than $2500.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You’ll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.