Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 22 February 2021.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 17 March 2021 at 5pm.
Cash payments up to $4000 over one year.
Indigenous Higher Education Scholarship
To be eligible you must be:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2021
- experiencing financial and/or personal hardship.
Preference will be given to students from remote and very remote areas as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard – Remoteness Area (ASGS-RA). To see areas classified under ASGS-RA, search the Health Workforce Locator. Tick ASGS Remoteness Areas 2016, enter your address and click Search Location.
The following will be taken into consideration when applications are assessed:
- the degree of your involvement in your local Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community
- location, financial, education or social disadvantage
- responsibility for others
- disability status.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- your financial hardship (if applicable)
- your medical condition or disability (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful up to four weeks after applications close. You can view the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.