Applications open Friday 22 February 2019.
Applications close Monday 8 April 2019 at 5pm.
Cash payments up to $5000.
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be a current student enrolled in a Bachelor degree at Deakin University, majoring in Financial Planning in Trimester 1 2019
- be in the second or third year of your degree in the year of the scholarship application
- be passionate about a career in financial planning
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 in the year prior to the scholarship.
Employees and contractors of NAB or Deakin University, immediate family members of NAB or Deakin University employees and contractors, and students previously awarded this scholarship are ineligible to apply.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- must allow Deakin University to share your application with the donor
- must remain enrolled in your course of study for a minimum of 12 months following the awarding of the scholarship or until the completion of your undergraduate bachelor degree (whichever is earlier)
- will receive an invitation to attend a NAB Financial Planning professional development day (in either Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth)
- may enter a mentorship with a NAB Financial Planning senior financial planner
- will receive an invitation to the scholarship awards presentation lunch and event
- will be required to write an annual statement about the impact of the Scholarship
- will be required to meet with the donor to share stories of your learning journey
- must read and understand the NAB Terms before submitting an application.
As part of your application, you will be required to provide statements that address all selection criteria. You are encouraged to include in your written responses evidence of the following skills and attributes:
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to communicate with influence
- Driven to succeed
- Personal resilience
- Value diversity and respect for people.
Please refer to the NAB Terms at the bottom of this page for further information.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful up to six weeks after applications close. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.