The application open date for Trimester 1 2020 is to be confirmed.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 22 January 2020 5pm.
This scholarship is available for one year.
- Cash payment up to $3500
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application. To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa or an International student
- be commencing in the Master of Architecture (S700 or S701) in Trimester 1 2020 and enrolled full time.
- at time of application, the student must have a minimum Weighted Average mark (WAM) of 70 and maintain this over the duration of the scholarship.
- ability to demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities relating to your development as a future professional architect.
- preference will be given to students that completed the Bachelor of Design (Architecture) or Bachelor of Design (Architecture) / Bachelor of Construction Management at Deakin University.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview as part of the selection process.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- are required to complete a report at the end of the year detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies
- must maintain a satisfactory academic record for the duration of your scholarship, with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70*.
- cannot be anonymous or defer the scholarship
*Failure to complete the agreed study load or WAM average may result in the scholarship being revoked.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply your:
- your current resume
- written responses to the provided questions
- a copy of your official academic transcript
- upload your final graduation project in your the undergraduate course (eg. SRD364 Superstudio) - maximum 2 MB. The file should be limited to page size A3 and can be a maximum of 10 pages.
Your application will not be considered complete until you upload your documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are a commencing student who has deferred a previous year's course offer you can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the final application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for you to undertake a paid work placement at Peddle Thorp's office located in Melbourne CBD. This opportunity will be discussed with you at a later stage and is separate to this scholarship opportunity.
More about the Donor
Peddle Thorp Group is an independent company practicing in Architecture, Planning and Interior Design, consisting of a number of business units relating to different markets or specialist areas, with offices in Melbourne, Asia, and the Middle East.
Peddle Thorp Architects is the commercial architectural arm and the core operation of their office and covers a number of industry sectors including sports architecture, commercial offices, residential, hotels, aquariums, industrial and retail.