Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 18 February 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 16 March 2020 5pm.
This scholarship is available for one year.
- Cash payment up to $3500
Please ensure you meet all criteria before submitting your application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa or a New Zealand citizen
- be commencing in the Master of Architecture or Master of Architecture (Design Management) (S700, S711 or S701) in Trimester 1 2020
- have a minimum Weighted Average mark (WAM) of 70 or equivalent GPA in your previous bachelor's degree.
Preference will be given to:
- a student who has completed the Bachelor of Design (Architecture) or Bachelor of Design (Architecture) / Bachelor of Construction Management at Deakin University
- a student who demonstrates involvement in extracurricular activities relating to development as a future professional architect.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- submit an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- provide a yearly impact statement for the duration of your scholarship
- not remain anonymous
- maintain a WAM of 70* for the duration of the scholarship.
*Failure to maintain the WAM average may result in the scholarship being revoked.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply:
- a copy of your official academic transcript (not required for studies completed at Deakin University)
- a copy of your final project from your Bachelor’s degree - maximum 2 MB . The file should be limited to page size A3 and can be a maximum of 10 pages.
Your application will not be considered complete until you upload your supporting documentations.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the final application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for the scholarship holder to be invited to undertake work placement with Peddle Thorp. The decision to accept any potential offer is the student’s and will not impact the student’s eligibility to receive the scholarship.
More about the Donor
Peddle Thorp Group is an independent company practicing in Architecture, Planning and Interior Design, consisting of a number of business units relating to different markets or specialist areas, with offices in Melbourne, Asia, and the Middle East.
Peddle Thorp Architects is the commercial architectural arm and the core operation of their office and covers a number of industry sectors including sports architecture, commercial offices, residential, hotels, aquariums, industrial and retail.