Applications open Tuesday 28 August 2018.
Applications close Thursday 14 February 2019 5pm.
This scholarship is available for one year.
- Cash payment up to $3,500
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application. To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa or an International student
- have completed the Bachelor of Design (Architecture) or Bachelor of Design (Architecture)/Bachelor of Construction Management at Deakin University with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70
- be commencing in the Master of Architecture (S700 or S701) in Trimester 1 2019 and enrolled full time.
- ability to demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities relating to your development as a future professional architect.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview as part of the selection process.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- are required to complete a report at the end of the year detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies
- must maintain a satisfactory academic record for the duration of your scholarship, with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70.
- cannot be anonymous or defer the scholarship
Failure to complete the agreed study load or WAM average may result in the scholarship being revoked.
As part of the application process, you'll also be required to provide supporting documentation this documentation includes:
- your current resume
- written responses to the provided questions
- upload your final graduation project in your the undergraduate course (eg. SRD364 Superstudio) - maximum 2 MB. The file should be limited to page size A3 and can be a maximum of 10 pages.
Your application will not be considered complete until you upload your documentation.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Shortlisted students will be required to attend an interview in 2019.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
You'll find out whether you were successful up to six weeks after applications close. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for you to undertake a paid work placement at Peddle Thorp's office located in Melbourne CBD. This opportunity will be discussed with you at a later stage and is separate to this scholarship opportunity.
More about the Donor
Peddle Thorp Group is an independent company practicing in Architecture, Planning and Interior Design, consisting of a number of business units relating to different markets or specialist areas, with offices in Melbourne, Asia, and the Middle East.
Peddle Thorp Architects is the commercial architectural arm and the core operation of their office and covers a number of industry sectors including sports architecture, commercial offices, residential, hotels, aquariums, industrial and retail.