Applications for Trimester 2 2019 open Wednesday 5 June 2019.
Applications for Trimester 2 2019 close Wednesday 10 July 2019 5pm.
Cash payment of up to $12 500 for one year.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- be a second or third year Bachelor of Commerce student (including part of a double degree) enrolled full time with accounting as a major
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 in your most recent year of study at Deakin University
- be able to demonstrate a personal or financial or medical disadvantage
The donor wishes to encourage students from diverse backgrounds to apply for this scholarship.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a face to face interview on July 25 2019 in the Melbourne CBD.
Areas of hardship
Areas of hardship can include:
- financial hardship – be receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate personal or family taxable income below $56,000 depending on independence status
- regional or remote home location
- disability/long term medical condition
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background
- recent refugee
- other demonstrable hardship.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete an annual statement detailing how the scholarship has impacted your studies.
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 for the duration of the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial and/or personal hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a face to face interview on July 25 2019 in the Melbourne CBD.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.