Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 6 Friday November 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 25 January 2021 5pm.
Cash payment of up to $12,500 for one year.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- enrolled in your second or third year of the Bachelor of Commerce and majoring in accounting
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- experiencing an area of hardship that impacts your ability to study.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview as part of the selection process.
Areas of hardship
Areas of hardship can include:
- financial hardship – be receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate personal or family taxable income below $56,000 depending on independence status
- regional or remote home location
- disability/long term medical condition
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background
- refugee background
- other demonstrable hardship.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete an annual statement detailing how the scholarship has impacted your studies.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial and/or medical hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Scholarships Application Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for the scholarship holder to participate in a work placement and/or PR activities with Pitcher Partners. The decision to accept any potential offer is the students’ and will not impact their eligibility to receive the scholarship.