Applications for Semester 1 2021 open 6 November 2020.
Applications for Semester 1 2021 close 7 December 2020 5pm.
This scholarship is valued at $8000, and includes cash payments of up to $4000, plus a payment of $4000 to be paid directly to your Deakin regional accommodation provider.
This scholarship is available for one year.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- enrolled full time in the third year of the Doctor of Medicine in Semester 1 2021
- enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
- enrolled in Deakin's Rural Community Clinical School
- able to show you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- cannot intermit your course during the scholarship period
- must pass all enrolled units
- must provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- must meet the donor at least once over the duration of the scholarship to discuss your university and educational experiences.
- will be invited to give back to the medical community through presentation opportunities to first and second year medical students, regarding your experience in the Rural Community Clinical School
- must provide an impact statement at the end of the scholarship year
- must consent to the donor sharing your photo and stories, regarding your experience in the Rural Community Clinical School, in marketing publications.
When you apply for this scholarship you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful within four weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Scholarship Application portal account