Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open Monday 2 December 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close Friday 6 December 2019 5pm.
This scholarship makes cash payments, plus a payment directly to the Deakin regional accommodation provider for your accommodation. The total value is to be confirmed.
This scholarship is available for one year.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- enrolled full time in the third year of your Doctor of Medicine studies in Trimester 1 2020
- enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
- enrolled in Deakin's Rural Community Clinical School
- able to show you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56 000, depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- must provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- must meet the donor at least once over the duration of the scholarship to discuss your university and educational experiences.
- will be invited to give back to the medical community through presentation opportunities to Year 1 and Year 2 medical students, regarding your experience in the Rural Community Clinical School
- must provide an impact statement at the end of the scholarship year
- must consent to the donor sharing your photo and stories, regarding your experience in the Rural Community Clinical School, in marketing publications.
When you apply for this scholarship you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.