Applications open Friday 7 September 2018.
Applications close Monday 3rd December 2018 5pm.
Total value is $10,000
- $5000 to be paid directly to the Deakin regional accommodation provider for your accommodation, and
- $5000 split into monthly instalments. These funds are to cover your living and relocation costs.
This scholarship is available for one year.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
- enrolled full time in the third year of your Doctor of Medicine studies in Trimester 1 2019
- enrolled in Deakin's Rural Community Clinical School
- able to show you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- must meet the donor at least once over the duration of the scholarship and discuss your university and educational experiences.
- will be invited to give back to the medical community through presentation opportunities to Year 1 and Year 2 medical students regarding your experience in the Rural Community Clinical School
- must provide a written report at the end of the scholarship year about the impact of the gift
- must agree to the donor sharing your photo and stories regarding your experience in the Rural Community Clinical School in marketing publications.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.