Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 16 March 2020 5pm.
Up to $4000 over two years (total value of this scholarship is $4000).*
An accommodation discount of 10% will be available to successful applicants for the two year duration of the scholarship at the Deakin residential services Warrnambool.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- a commencing student enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce at the Deakin Warrnambool Campus (on campus study) in Trimester 1 2020
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- able to demonstrate a commitment to the Australian Agricultural and Agribusiness sector
- intending to major in Food and Agribusiness, and selecting the appropriate unit set for the Food and Agribusiness Major in your first year*.
Preference will be given to students who are experiencing personal and/or financial disadvantage.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- maintain a pass grade for all enrolled units
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the donor
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship.
* To be eligible for the payment and Deakin Residences accommodation discount in the second year of the scholarship, you must be enrolled in the Food and Agribusiness major.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Submit an application for this scholarship directly via our Course and Scholarship Applicant portal
Select the 'Warrnambool Campus Scholarships' option and your application will automatically be considered for all Warrnambool Campus Donor Scholarships and the Deakin Warrnambool Residential Scholarship in the selection process.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chance of receiving a scholarship.
Don’t forget to also apply for the ‘Deakin Funded Scholarships Program' and your application will automatically be considered for the Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Scholarship, the Deakin Scholarship for Excellence and the Deakin Student Support Scholarship in the selection process.
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for students to undertake a paid work placement in their 3rd year of study. This opportunity will be discussed with you at a later stage and is separate to this scholarship opportunity.