Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open Tuesday 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close Wednesday 22 January 2020 at 5pm*.
Up to $7000 over two years (total value of this scholarship is $7000).
An accommodation discount of 10% will be available to successful applicants for the two year duration of the scholarship.
*We will commence offering a number of scholarships from mid-December 2019. When all scholarships have been allocated the scholarship will be closed. This may occur before the closing date detailed above. Submit your application early so that you don’t miss out.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- a commencing student enrolled in Trimester 1 2020 in your first year of an undergraduate degree
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place at Deakin's Warrnambool campus (on campus study).
Preference will be given to students enrolled in the following courses:
- Bachelor of Environmental Science (Marine Biology)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Psychological Sciences
Successful applicants must:
- maintain a WAM of 60 for the duration of the scholarship
- attend a thank you event to meet the donors
- provide a written report to the donor at the end of each year.
- provide an introductory statement about their goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will might be required to upload current supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
We will commence offering a number of scholarships from mid-December 2019. When all scholarships have been allocated the scholarship will be closed. This may occur before the closing date detailed above. Submit your application early so that you don’t miss out.
You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.