Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open Tuesday 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close Wednesday 22 January 2020 at 5pm.
We will commence offering a limited number of scholarships in December 2019 with the remainder of scholarships offered within six weeks of the closing date detailed above.
This scholarship is available over two years.
- Up to $7000 over two years (total value of this scholarship is $7000)
- An accommodation discount of 10% will be available to successful applicants for the two year duration of the scholarship
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing Deakin student enrolled full-time in Trimester 1 2020 as an undergraduate student
- enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place at Deakin’s Warrnambool Campus (on campus study)
- experiencing low socio-economic circumstances, financial hardship or other personal disadvantage.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- maintain a satisfactory academic progression during the scholarship period
- attend a thank you event to meet the donors
- provide a written report to the donor at the end of each year.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of your financial hardship
- evidence of your medical condition
- evidence of your other hardship
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are a commencing student who has deferred a previous year's course offer you can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
We will commence offering a limited number of scholarships in December 2019 with the remainder of scholarships offered within six weeks of the closing date detailed above. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
About the donors
Deakin Warrnambool Campus acknowledges the generosity of the following Warrnambool philanthropic foundations who support this scholarship: