Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 22 January 2020 5pm.
Cash payment of up to $5000 over one year.
Accommodation discount of 10% available to successful applicants for the duration of the scholarship.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2020
- enrolled at Deakin's Warrnambool campus (on-campus studies)
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
- a resident of the City of Warrnambool, the Moyne Shire or South West Victoria
- receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate personal or family taxable income below $56 000 depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the donor
- provide a written report to the donor at the end of each year
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Submit one application for all Warrnambool Campus Donor Scholarships directly via our Course and Scholarship Applicant portal
Select the ‘Warrnambool Campus Donor Scholarships’ option and your application will be automatically considered for all Warrnambool Campus Donor Scholarships in the selection process.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chance of receiving a scholarship.
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the final application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.