Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 22 January 2020 5pm.
This scholarship is available for one year.
- Cash payment up to $8000
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic student
- be a current Deakin University student enrolled full-time in your second or third year of an undergraduate bachelor’s degree in Trimester 1 2020
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70
- be able to demonstrate you were educated at a public high school in Australia
- be the first generation in your family to attend university
- be able to show an outstanding commitment to supporting our communities.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about your study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship
- maintain a satisfactory academic record for the duration of your scholarship, with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70
- attend a meet and greet event with the donor.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your volunteering and/or community service.
You must also supply evidence that you were educated at a public high school in Australia.
The following documentation is acceptable:
- High School Certificate (VCE) result
- report card
- signed statement on school letterhead from the school confirming your years of attendance
- Statutory Declaration declaring the name of your school and the years you attended.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.