Applications for Trimester 1 2019 open 28 August 2018.
Applications for Trimester 1 2019 close 22 January 2019 5pm.
This scholarship is available for one year.
- Cash payment up to $8000
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current Deakin student enrolled full-time in your second or third year of an undergraduate bachelor’s degree at Deakin University in Trimester 1, 2019
- be enrolled in a Commonwealth-supported place
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70
- be able to demonstrate that you were educated at a public high school in Australia
- be the first generation in your family to attend university
- not hold another bachelor degree
- be able to show an outstanding commitment to supporting our communities.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application.
Scholarship recipients will be required to complete a report at the end of the year detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your community involvement.
You must also supply evidence that you were educated at a public high school in Australia.
The following documentation is acceptable:
- High School Certificate (VCE) result
- report card
- signed statement on school letterhead from the school confirming your years of attendance
- Statutory Declaration declaring the name of your school and the years you attended.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Shortlisted applicants may be requested to complete a separate application form once eligibility has been confirmed.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.