Applications for Trimester 2 2020 open 17 June 2020.
Applications for Trimester 2 2020 close 15 July 2020 5pm.
Cash payment up to $3000 per year for up to three years.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- a commencing student enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 2 2020 in an undergraduate bachelor’s degree
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status
- from the Western District of Victoria and have completed part of your primary or secondary education in the Western District.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about your study goals and what it means to receive this scholarship
- maintain a satisfactory academic record for the duration of your scholarship, with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60
- agree to the University sharing your WAM with the donor for administrative record purposes.
As part of the application process, you may also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship..
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.