Trimester 1 2019
Applications open Wednesday 17 October 2018.
Applications close Tuesday 8 January 2019 5pm.
Cash payment up to $3000 per year for three years.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2019 in an undergraduate bachelor’s degree
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status
- from the Western District of Victoria and have completed part of your primary or secondary education in the Western District.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- complete a yearly report detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies
- maintain a satisfactory academic record for the duration of your scholarship, with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60
- agree to the University sharing your WAM with the donor for administrative record purposes.
As part of the application process you are required to provide supporting documentation. Your application will not be considered complete until you upload your documentation.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of your financial hardship.
Late or incomplete documentation will not be accepted.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
If you have not already completed a VTAC scholarship application or you are a current student you can apply using the Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you completed a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.