Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 5pm.
Cash payment up to $5000 per year, for 3-4 years (dependent on course duration).
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a female domestic student
- be a mature aged student (aged 21 or over at 1 January 2021) who is looking to retrain after a period of absence from the workforce
- be commencing and enrolled full time in one of the following degrees at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2021
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Arts/Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Teaching (Secondary)
Preference will be given to students who are experiencing an area of hardship.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- maintain a pass grade on all units
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the scholarship donor
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about your study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you may also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial or medical hardship (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide in your application.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.