Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open Tuesday 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close Wednesday 22 January 2020 at 5pm.
This scholarship is available over two years.
- Cash payment of up to $7000 over two years (total value of this scholarship is $7000)
- An accommodation discount of 10% will be available to successful domestic applicants for the two year duration of the scholarship at Deakin residential services Warrnambool*
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a student commencing at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2020
- enrolled in the Bachelor of Commerce at the Deakin Warrnambool Campus (on campus studies)
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- able to show an outstanding commitment to supporting our communities
- able to demonstrate a commitment to the Australian agricultural and agribusiness sector and commit to select the appropriate unit set for the Food and Agribusiness major via StudentConnect during your first year.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- maintain a pass grade for all enrolled units
- be committed to enrol in the Food and Agribusiness major*
- remain at the Warrnambool campus for each year of your degree
- attend a thank-you event with the donor
- provide a written impact statement to the donor at the end of each year.
*To be eligible for the payment and accommodation discount in the second year of the scholarship, you must be enrolled in the Food and Agribusiness major. This is identified by your course/unit enrolment in 2021.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your community involvement.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for you to undertake work experience at the Midfield Group in the 2nd and 3rd year of your studies. This opportunity will be discussed with you at a later stage and is separate to this scholarship opportunity.
About the donor
The Midfield Group is a multi-faceted meat processing company built on solid farming foundations and embracing the values of life on the land. They are located in Warrnambool, in the heart of Victoria’s pristine Great South Coast region and one of Australia’s prime dairying regions.
The Midfield Group has generously established a scholarship to support students undertaking a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Food and Agribusiness at the Warrnambool Campus of Deakin University.