Applications for Trimester 3 2020 open 21 October 2020.
Applications for Trimester 3 2020 close 11 November 2020 at 5pm.
The scholarship pays 100% tuition fees up to a maximum of four credit points of study.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a female International citizen, International citizen seeking asylum in Australia or a Permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be enrolled in A667 Graduate Diploma of Humanitarian Assistance, A767 or A757 Master of Humanitarian Assistance at Deakin University in Trimester 3 2020
- have completed at least two credit points in A667 Graduate Diploma of Humanitarian Assistance, A767 or A757 Master of Humanitarian Assistance (this includes students who completed a Graduate Certificate as entry to the MHA – Graduate Certificate credit points will count towards the 2 credit points required).
Preference will be given to citizens from a country below 0.85 on the Human Development Index of the United Nations Development Program.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- must successfully complete each enrolled credit point to remain eligible for the scholarship
- cannot defer the scholarship offer, the scholarship must commence in Trimester 3 2020
- cannot intermit the scholarship
- must provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- must complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- must utilise all scholarship funds by the completion of Trimester 1 2021 (no payments will be made after Trimester 1 2021).
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.