Applications for Trimester 2 2020 open 17 June 2020.
Applications for Trimester 2 2020 close 15 July 2020 5pm.
One-off cash payment of $2000
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- be a student who identifies as female
- be a commencing or continuing student enrolled in an undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 2 2020 in the Faculty of Business and Law at Deakin University
- be enrolled full-time in a Commonwealth supported place
- be able to demonstrate personal and/or financial hardship.
.Preference given to students who are able to demonstrate participation in and commitment to supporting the community and volunteer activities, and students enrolled in a Commerce degree.
Scholarship recipients will be required to:
- write an introduction statement about their goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you may need to supply evidence of your community service, volunteering involvements, and personal/financial hardships.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.