Applications for Trimester 2 2019 open 5 June 2019.
Applications for Trimester 2 2019 close 10 July 2019 5pm.
One-off cash payment of $3000
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- be a commencing or continuing student enrolled in an undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 2 2019 at Deakin University
- be enrolled full-time in a Commonwealth supported place
- be able to demonstrate personal and/or financial hardship.
Preference will be given to female students, and to students enrolled in a commerce degree.
Scholarship recipients will be required to:
- write an introduction statement about their goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a report at the end of the year detailing how this scholarship has helped with their studies.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you want to go.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for the scholarship holder to undertake voluntary work with Yarn Strong Sista. The decision to accept any potential offer is the students’ and will not impact the student’s eligibility to receive the scholarship.