Offered as a specialisation through our Master of Business Administration (MBA), corporate governance covers basic concepts and board structures, as well as governance in Australia and on an international level.
The Deakin MBA develops business leaders of tomorrow by offering contemporary knowledge and real experience, as well as networking opportunities to enhance your career and professional development. Through this specialisation you'll focus on the fundamentals of corporate governance, including its application both within Australia and a global context, and consider business ethics and future directions for corporate governance.
Postgraduate (further study)
A postgraduate qualification can be undertaken by students who have already completed an undergraduate degree or possess significant, demonstrable work experience. Postgraduate courses include graduate certificates, graduate diplomas, master’s and PhDs, as well as specialist programs for industry professionals.
Higher Degrees by Research (supervised research)
Research degrees are research based master’s or PhD programs that focus on a single area of expertise. They provide students the opportunity to carry out highly specialised research under expert supervision.
The career opportunities are endless for MBA graduates. A corporate governance focused career could lead to employment in the following roles:
- company secretary
- compliance manager
- corporate governance consultant
- corporate governance manager
- corporate services and risk manager
- environmental, social and governance consultant
- risk manager.
Deakin has been awarded the following prestigious accreditations:
- Our online MBA is ranked in the world's top 25 – and the best in Victoria – by the prestigious international university ranking analysts QS Quacquarelli Symonds. The Deakin MBA is rated by QS for program strength, delivering an 'attractive and recognised program with a very high graduate employability rate'.
- Deakin Business School (DBS) is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Only five per cent of business programs worldwide are AACSB accredited and DBS is one of only three business schools in Victoria to achieve this recognition.
- DBS has been awarded EQUIS accreditation through the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). This global best-practice recognition places Deakin Business School in the top 1 per cent of business schools worldwide.
What makes Deakin's MBA so popular?
Recent MBA graduates talk about their Deakin experience – the flexible delivery, fast-tracked opportunities and practical learning.
Research with us
Develop independent research skills that will enable you to pursue your own theories and ideas, at a high conceptual level, in one of our core disciplines. Develop the skills and abilities necessary to pursue an academic or research career.
Browse other disciplines within business
Choose an area that you're interested in and learn how Deakin's extensive range of study options and experiences can help turn your dreams into reality.