eBusiness and supply chain managementDiscipline
A successful retail giant like Amazon combines eBusiness with supply chain management. This specialisation of our Master of Business Administration (MBA) examines how organisations leverage social networks, virtual worlds and web 2.0 applications.
Examine how organisations can meet the challenges of contemporary competition and global uncertainty by adopting world-class supply chain management (SCM) business models, developing effective supplier and customer relationships, and measuring their performance with metrics. You'll increase your expertise by delving into eBusiness, business analytics, artificial intelligence and automation solutions for SCM, as well as looking at the implications of increasing pressure for supply chains to be more environmentally and socially responsible.
Postgraduate (further study)
A postgraduate qualification can be undertaken by students who have already completed an undergraduate degree or possess significant, demonstrable work experience. Postgraduate courses include graduate certificates, graduate diplomas, master’s and PhDs, as well as specialist programs for industry professionals.
Higher Degrees by Research (supervised research)
Research degrees are research based master’s or PhD programs that focus on a single area of expertise. They provide students the opportunity to carry out highly specialised research under expert supervision.
Career opportunities for MBA graduates are endless. A business career could lead to employment in the following roles:
- business analyst
- business development manager
- business operations manager
- customer relations manager
- events manager
- finance manager
- financial planner
- project manager
- procurement manager
- product manager
- property manager
- small business owner.
Deakin's MBA is part of Start Anytime – a pioneering initiative that allows postgraduate business students to fast-track a unit. You can finish in just four weeks or take your time over a year.
Research with us
If you've got an innovative or interesting insight into the emerging area of eBusiness and supply chain management, a higher degree by research could be for you.
Deakin has been awarded the following prestigious accreditations:
- Our online MBA is ranked in the world's top 25 – and the best in Victoria – by the prestigious international university ranking analysts QS Quacquarelli Symonds. The Deakin MBA is rated by QS for program strength, delivering an 'attractive and recognised program with a very high graduate employability rate'.
- Deakin Business School (DBS) is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Only five per cent of business programs worldwide are AACSB accredited and DBS is one of only three business schools in Victoria to achieve this recognition.
- DBS has been awarded EQUIS accreditation through the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). This global best-practice recognition places Deakin Business School in the top one per cent of business schools worldwide.
What makes Deakin's MBA so popular?
Recent MBA graduates talk about their Deakin experience – the flexible delivery, fast-tracked opportunities and practical learning.
Deakin alumni – get a head start with your postgraduate fees
If you're a Deakin alumni commencing a postgraduate course, you may be eligible to receive a 15% reduction per unit on your enrolment fees through our Deakin alumni postgraduate bursary. Your spouse and members of your immediate family may also be eligible to apply.
Browse other disciplines within business
Choose an area that you're interested in and learn how Deakin's extensive range of study options and experiences can help turn your dreams into reality.