Entrepreneurship and innovationDiscipline
Explore the processes that transform innovative ideas into commercial advantage. This specialisation covers business process management and entrepreneurship through to organisational consulting, development and change.
Deakin's courses are developed in consultation with industry, allowing you to build an invaluable network through work-integrated learning, and graduate with a set of versatile skills to give you the employment edge. Our innovation specialisation focuses on the innovation process itself, management strategies that foster innovation, and how innovation models and theory can be applied to each of these areas, resulting in sustainable competitive advantage.
Postgraduate (further study)
A postgraduate qualification can be undertaken by students who have already completed an undergraduate degree or possess significant, demonstrable work experience. Postgraduate courses include graduate certificates, graduate diplomas, master’s and PhDs, as well as specialist programs for industry professionals.
Higher Degrees by Research (supervised research)
Research degrees are research based master’s or PhD programs that focus on a single area of expertise. They provide students the opportunity to carry out highly specialised research under expert supervision.
A career in innovation is an exciting opportunity to shape the future. Graduates find employment across a diverse range of industries and organisations, including:
- digital creative agencies
- financial institutions
- government bodies and departments
- international retailers
- management and consulting firms
- not-for-profit organisations
- social media companies.
It’s not just about the degree, nor is it just about a job. The experience so far at Deakin and within Australia has changed me as a person.
MBA (International) and Master of International Finance
Deakin has been awarded the following prestigious accreditations:
- Our online MBA is ranked in the world's top 25 – and the best in Victoria – by the prestigious international university ranking analysts QS Quacquarelli Symonds. The Deakin MBA is rated by QS for program strength, delivering an 'attractive and recognised program with a very high graduate employability rate'.
- Deakin Business School (DBS) is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Only five per cent of business programs worldwide are AACSB accredited and DBS is one of only three business schools in Victoria to achieve this recognition.
- DBS has been awarded EQUIS accreditation through the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). This global best-practice recognition places Deakin Business School in the top 1 per cent of business schools worldwide.
Research with us
If you'd like to develop a deeper understanding of innovation and its impact upon society, study a higher degree by research with us.
What makes the Deakin MBA so popular?
Recent MBA graduates talk about their Deakin experience – the flexible delivery, fast-tracked opportunities and practical learning.
Deakin alumni – get a head start with your postgraduate fees
If you're a Deakin alumni commencing a postgraduate course, you may be eligible to receive a 15% reduction per unit on your enrolment fees through our Deakin alumni postgraduate bursary. Your spouse and members of your immediate family may also be eligible to apply.
Browse other disciplines within business
Choose an area that you're interested in and learn how Deakin's extensive range of study options and experiences can help turn your dreams into reality.