Our MBA has a wide range of specialisations to help you progress your career in all areas of business – from administration to business strategy. Our teaching staff integrate theory and professional practice, ensuring your learning experiences reflect today's workplace. The MBA isn't just about knowledge and skills, but also about networking, career enhancement and professional development.
Postgraduate (further study)
A postgraduate qualification can be undertaken by students who have already completed an undergraduate degree or possess significant, demonstrable work experience. Postgraduate courses include graduate certificates, graduate diplomas, master’s and PhDs, as well as specialist programs for industry professionals.
Non-award courses are generally single units of study that don’t add up to a university qualification. They’re a great way to explore an area of study before committing to a full degree, and can often be used as credit towards a degree course. Short courses and stand-alone study abroad programs also fall under this category.
Our Deakin MBA is industry-focused and has a practical approach to learning with customisable options for both online and face-to-face learning such as masterclasses, intensive units and study tours.
Dr Andrea North-Samardzic
As a graduate you may find employment in areas such as consulting, strategy and planning, human resource management and marketing. Previous Deakin MBA students have been employed in the following roles and organisations:
- CEO, Transport Accident Commission
- General Manager, Program Management Office, Myer
- General Manager for Regional and Agribusiness Banking Queensland
- Global Marketing Manager, Glaxo Smith Kline
- Manager, Budget and Finance, United Nations
- Managing Director, Gateway Grant Funeral Directors
- Managing Director, Australia, Twitter
- Manager, Portfolio and Program Management Advisory Services, Ernst & Young
- President, Asia–Pacific Region, FMC Corporation
- Principal Advisor, HSEC Training and Competency Development, Rio Tinto
- Senior Manager, Consulting Retail and Consumer, PwC
- Technology Program Manager, Orica.
Institute of Managers and Leaders Membership
Our valued Pathway Partnership with the Institute of Managers and Leaders Australia and New Zealand (IML ANZ) means that as a Deakin MBA student, you’ll automatically receive IML ANZ membership for the duration of your study, plus an additional year after graduation, boosting your employment prospects.
IML ANZ supports you through your MBA studies with a range of activities and resources, including one-on-one mentoring, personalised professional development, industry engagement and access to Australia’s largest network of management and leadership professionals.
Thanks to an exclusive, long-term collaboration with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) in the UK, our IML ANZ partnership gives you the opportunity to graduate with the Chartered Manager (CMgr) designation, the highest professional status that can be achieved as a manager or leader globally.
of MBA programs worldwide
Our online MBA program is ranked among the top 20 in the world – and the best in Victoria – by the prestigious university rankings organisation, QS.
Deakin has been awarded the following prestigious accreditations:
- Deakin Business School (DBS) is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Only five per cent of business programs worldwide are AACSB accredited and DBS is one of only three business schools in Victoria to achieve this recognition.
- DBS has been awarded EQUIS accreditation through the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). This global best-practice recognition places Deakin Business School in the top 1 per cent of business schools worldwide.
- The Deakin MBA (Healthcare Management) is only one of three Victorian universities to receive accreditation from the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM). ACHSM professional recognition offers candidates access to ACHSM resources and networks.
The Deakin MBA difference
How the Deakin MBA enhances your career opportunities
Two MBA graduates share how the Deakin MBA helped take their careers to the next level. Hear from Ford Davis, Manager, Strategy & Operations, Deloitte, and Katherine Boiciuc, Executive of Operations, Telstra.
Deakin MBA Residentials
Learn from three students as they discuss what they gained from their MBA residential experience at Deakin.
Discover the most flexible online MBA in Australia
Deakin's Master of Business Administration (MBA) is one of the most highly regarded MBAs in Australia. Renowned for its flexibility and industry connections, it's designed for busy professionals seeking career development while balancing work and lifestyle commitments.
Deakin's MBA Masterclass series is a new study option for completing your MBA electives. The masterclasses focus on new trends and issues with industry leaders in a short and engaging format. You’ll also benefit from the diverse experience and unique perspective each student brings to the classroom.
MBA Career Development Program
Our MBA Career Development Program has been designed to provide you with structured, dedicated career support as you progress through your MBA. From refining your career goals to navigating the recruitment process, we will empower you to manage and achieve your career advancement goals.
Deakin Business School's intensive units involve six consecutive days of intensive study. You’ll immerse yourself in focused business study, undertake innovative and experiential learning activities and build your professional networks.
Flexible study options
We know you’re busy and not always able to make it to class. The Deakin MBA is available on campus, online, in intensive or residential modes, or can be completed by participating in Australian and local study programs.
We understand that juggling work, life and study can be complicated. Start Anytime offers you the flexibility to begin some units at any time of the year and complete them online at your own pace.
The Deakin MBA has been a valuable enhancement to my professional accounting career at KPMG. The ability to transfer learning back into the workplace has been a great return on investment.
Manager, Finance Strategy & Performance, KPMG
The WHU European MBA Summer Institute
Our MBA students are eligible to participate in a short-term partner program,The WHU European MBA Summer Institute: The Changing Environment for International Business. Travelling to Vallendar, Germany, you will have the option to visit the European Central Bank or the German Central Bank, depending on which internship dates are selected.
Students will study topics in:
- European integration
- business in Eastern Europe
- restructuring companies in transition economies
- innovation strategies of European companies
- European marketing
- Environment of mergers and acquisitions: European competition policies.
To find out more please contact us.
Deakin MBA Alumni community
Since our MBA was first offered in 1981, the Deakin MBA Alumni Chapter has grown to over 6000 members across 130 countries. Our alumni connect through professional development and networking events, and a variety of social media platforms.
Deakin alumni – get a head start with your postgraduate fees
If you're a Deakin alumni commencing a postgraduate course, you may be eligible to receive a 15% reduction per unit on your enrolment fees through our Deakin alumni postgraduate bursary. Your spouse and members of your immediate family may also be eligible to apply.
*QS Online MBA Rankings 2020
Browse other disciplines within business
Choose an area that you're interested in and learn how Deakin's extensive range of study options and experiences can help turn your dreams into reality.