Scholarships to support your studies
Scholarships provide financial support for students and can help ensure your study experience is positive and productive.
A number of scholarships are merit-based or awarded as recognition for certain achievements. Many are also in place to redress the inequity in access for students seeking to gain higher education qualifications.
Scholarships offered by Deakin University
- Indigenous Student Success Program
This scholarship is a one-off payment of $2000 for eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students experiencing personal or financial hardship.
Donor Funded Scholarships
- Arcadia Landscape Architecture Indigenous Scholarship
- CHC Indigenous Pathways Scholarship
- DemoDAIRY Foundation Scholarship
- FJ Foundation Scholarship
- Fletcher and Rena Jones Foundation Scholarship
- Jewish Holocaust Centre Wilson Family Scholarship
- Midfield Group Scholarship
- Professor John Hay Scholarship
- Rotary District 9780 Rural Clinical Placement Scholarship
- Santa Singh and Balwant Kaur Scholarship
- Saputo Scholarship
- The Helen Macpherson Smith Trust Arts and Cultural Management Scholarship
- Yarn Strong Sista Indigenous Scholarship
Other scholarships for NIKERI Institute students
- Early Childhood Aboriginal Pathway Scholarships
Available to institute students studying the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood), this scholarship offers up to $18,750 from the Victorian Government to help cover the costs of study and provide an employment incentive.
- Neville Bonner Memorial Scholarship
Up to $26,288 is available to institute students completing an honours year in a field related to politics or political science.
- The Mary Jane Lewis Scholarship Foundation
Available to young women who undertake an undergraduate degree, this scholarship offers $10,000 a year for three years.
- The Aspiration Initiative – Indigenous Scholarships
The Aspiration Initiative allows you to search from hundreds of available scholarships, so you can find one that’s perfectly suited to your study experience.
When should I apply for a scholarship?
You can only apply for a scholarship once you are enrolled in a course. However, you should start thinking about scholarships immediately after your NIKERI Institute application interview. That way, if your application is successful, you can hit the ground running with scholarship applications.
+61 3 5227 2538
1800 063 383
Email Scholarship Support