Ranked #20 online MBA worldwide
Top 1% of universities worldwide*
40 years of distance and online teaching excellence
Learn to apply and champion design thinking in your organisation
Join us in four engaging sessions on the topic of design thinking – a process for creative problem solving. Adopt a human-centred, iterative approach to problem-solving by exploring the latest creative tools such as personas, empathy with users, a tolerance for failure and a discipline of prototyping, unlocking the big and small opportunities in your organisation.
This masterclass in design thinking will provide you with an understanding of how design thinking can be applied across organisations to drive performance and outcomes. In this masterclass, you will:
- build a foundation in understanding design thinking
- grow your confidence and competence with design thinking methodology
- gain the ability to analyse and solve business challenges through design thinking.
After completing the masterclass, you will be well placed to apply design thinking in your own work and be a champion for design thinking in your organisation.
Presenter: Mike Stevenson
Mike is Principal Consultant at The Healthy Organisation, a customer-centred innovation consultancy focused on helping organisations deliver better outcomes for their customers, stakeholders and organisation. The Healthy Organisation applies human-centred design to the creation of new products, services, systems that drive value through total customer experiences.
Session 1: Discover
- What is design thinking?
- Mindsets for competitive advantage
- Failing to learn
- Bias to action/effective optimism
Session 2: Define
- Design thinking for organisation challenges
- Facts, fables and hypotheses
- Identifying high value opportunities
- Scoping and scaling design challenges
Session 3: Develop
- Assembling challenge teams
- Tools to make for humans
- Prototyping in practice
Session 4: Deliver
- From innovation to implementation
- Failing fast for success
You must attend all four masterclass sessions to record a pass mark.
For more information on this and other masterclasses, please check our frequently asked questions (PDF, 132KB).
Create a plan (written 2500-word document) for how you will apply design thinking to a challenge you're facing in your work at the moment. In this task, you will need to:
- identify your work challenge
- create a plan to apply design thinking to the challenge
- implement the plan
- describe what you learnt from the experience.
*ARWU Rankings 2020