Future Students

Transfer from another university

If you are currently enrolled in a course at another university, you may be able to transfer to Deakin University to complete your degree.

To find the Deakin course that's right for you, visit our Course search website.

All applicants for undergraduate courses (including part time, full time and on and off-campus study), should apply through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) to start studying in Trimester 1.  Where there is availability to start mid year (Trimester 2), or Trimester 3, you can apply directly to Deakin through the Applicant Portal.

Applying for credit for prior learning

When you apply for a course at Deakin, you can indicate that you wish to be considered for credit for prior learning. Deakin acknowledges that many commencing students come from backgrounds other than secondary school, such as TAFE, other universities and the workforce and offers extensive credit transfer arrangements for most courses. This can reduce the number of of units and/or time required to complete your Deakin qualification.

Visit our Credit for previous study or work website for more information.

You should check with the relevant professional body (e.g. CPA Australia) that accepting advanced standing towards your degree does not prevent you from being accepted into its membership.

To apply for credit for prior learning, upload the Credit for Prior Learning form at the time of your application.  You should provide a full academic record which has been certified/notarised by the institution which awarded the qualification or certified photocopies of original transcripts. Don't send original documents as they can't be returned.

For further information you can read through our Pathways to Deakin booklet.

If you are an international student, please visit the International Pathways to Deakin University webiste.

Deakin University acknowledges the traditional land owners of present campus sites.

11th July 2012